.::oh hello Monday::.
arg I'm having such a slow start Monday and this blog is late but better late than never right??? :D Oh Mondays bleh! Well tomorrow I'm sharing new art pieces YAY!!! But for now to help inspire me for the rest of the day, get me excited for the week and get rid of my Monday blah I'm sharing current TOP TEN HALLOWEEN COSTUME IDEAS!!!! YAY heee hee hope this helps give you some ideas too!!!
10. Margo from The Royall Tennenbaums this is 10 because it has kind of been done but I still LOVE her character and the movie and it would be a super simple thrift shop job!
8. Coraline also another super easy DIY costume and one of my favorite movies now ever!!!
all you need is a classic yellow raincoat, yellow rain boots jeans and a blue wig with a dragonfly clip! The yellow rain coat is super easy to find just google it here is one I found on Amazon that is perfect find it here
and the perfect electric blue wig also found on amazon
and the perfect yellow rain boots
or this one from scotiasammyjo on etsy.com
7. Next up is Max from Where the Wild things are and this isn't higher on the list because I can't sew and I am poor but there are some AMAZING costumes out there!!!!
6. Bret Michaels what can I say it would be super fun to dress up as Bret and super easy!! Just need a bandanna and an awesome 80's Rocker wig and a LOT of eyeliner and lipstick!!
5. Silk Spectre from The Watchmen!!!!!!! Love her, LOVE the comic, LOVE the movie again only thing is I can't sew and I'm poor :( But it would kick ass!!!!
above is the costume you buy on the right next to the movie costume it's pretty good and you can buy a nice wig these are all over but here is a link and you can just google it and tons will come up and here is one more pic of it
and here is a super freaking cool do it yourself how to video but alas I am DIY sewing challenged
4. Donnie Darko Skeleton Costume Love this movie forever and ever best dark sci-fi and soundtrack omg! This is fun and easy too with lots of options!
So basically you need the following a grey hoodie (sweeet i have one) a skeleton costume or a skeleton t-shirt and black jeans or a skeleton t-shirt and some cool skeleton tights! Here are some options I found...
this skeleton costume from Amazon
this glow in the dark skeleton t-shirt from Amazon
these awesome skeleton tights from Amazon
these super RAD skeleton pantyhose OMG!
and add a grey hoodie! There are tons more great skeleton related stuff out there too!!
3. Lydia from Beetlejuice!!!! Oh how I love little goth girls and Lydia is one of my all time FAVES!!!
this costume is amazing
I think I want to go the black mourning dress route instead of the red wedding dress and that should be an easy enough vintage find and then I just need a long black wig to tease and modify. Here are some finds for either option
love this veil too
i love me a tutu
this vintage dress would be perfect too
this dress would be great!
or this one i think I would chop up the bottom with scissors
OMG I LOVES this one
and you could add a cool hair clip veil or hat
like this one
or this one
or this one
2. Roller derby girl or character from whip it!!!!
just go vintage shopping or go on www.etsy.com!!! You need a theme outfit some knee high or thigh high socks some cool tights or fishnets and some skates!!!
this skirt would be perfect
this costume would be perfect!!!!
and my number one costume idea..................
1. Joan Jett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is super easy I just need an 80's mullet/rocker wig in black which are all over and my usual attire skinny jeans and a t-shirt with some cool makeup she is sooooo HOT!
(this is the kristen stewart as joan jett but it gives you a costume idea)
and hot damn if she doesn't look just as freaking HOT today as she did then!!!!!!!!!! um OMG drooooollllll she is kinda my dream woman...........man...............dear Joan Jett I love you, you rock and I'm single............call me???????????????????